- 2014 – Present. University of St. Thomas.
- BA, English with Writing Emphasis; BA, Communications & Journalism, Minor in Psychology.
- Expected Graduation: Spring 2018.
- Fall 2014. COJO 111: Intro to Communications & Journalism Part 1
- Spring 2015. COJO 112: Intro to Communications & Journalism Part 2; ENGL 255: Intro to Imaginative Writing
- Fall 2015. COJO 252: Editing; COJO 212: Rhetorical Criticism; ENGL 322: Writing Fiction
- Spring 2016. COJO 258: Writing & Designing for the Web; ENGL 326: Professional Editing
- Fall 3016. COJO 211: Communication Research Methods; ENGL 280: Intro to English Studies
- Father James Whalen Journalism Scholarship Recipient
- Paul Hauge Endowed Scholarship for Excellence in English
- Dean’s List
- Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Spring 2016
- Aquinas Scholars Honors Student
Web Manager, TommieMedia.com – June 2016 – Present
- Sales and Editorial Intern, Redleaf Press – Summer 2016
- Completed proofreading, fact checking, epub markup, and related publishing tasks
- Wrote sales outreach letters to booksellers and sales representatives
- Succeeded in securing reviews for upcoming picture book
- Interlibrary Loan Assistant, O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library – Summer 2016
Communicated with other libraries to acquire materials
- Searched library databases to find books and articles for patrons
- Documented library material circulation
Communications/Journalism Writing Tutor, University of St. Thomas – October 2016 – May 2016
- Manage day-to-day upkeep of website, including email subscription database
Freelance Writing and Editing – June 2016 – Present
- Worked one-on-one with Communications/ Journalism students
- Guided students in brainstorming, planning, organizing, and revising essays
- Completed various copyediting and proofreading projects
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Blog Writer. Write book reviews and other blog posts at “The Epic, the Awesome, and
the Random.” Design blog. Interact online with readers. 2011 – Present.
- Summit Avenue Review. “Wax,” published May 2015. “XX,” “Auburn,” May 2016.
- Northfield Sidewalk Poetry Competition 2015. Winner.
- Delta Epsilon Sigma National Writing Contest 2016. Second place winner in poetry.
- Staff Writer/Blogger, The Odyssey, February 2016 – June 2016. Wrote weekly articles for multi-topic
blog aimed at college students. Managed related social media.
- Presented paper titled “Gender as Power: Beowulf and the Wife of Bath’s Hyper-Representation” at the Literati conference at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. April 2016.